With Independent Venue Week just round the corner we thought we’d offer a gentle reminder of some of the incredible gig and events we’re hugely excited to be a part of over the next ten days. Check out the line-up below and come and show your support for independent venues at this great celebration of the grassroots music!
- This Sunday (22nd) marks the official release of our new collaboration beer with SBHQ favourites The Skints. We'll be at The Red Lion in Leytonstone from 8pm onwards with the band for a tasting session, feel free to come and hang with us and try our tasty new Tropical Pale Ale Nice Time.
- On Monday 23rd January James Walsh, lead singer of Starsailor, will be performing an acoustic set at The Half Moon in Putney, you can get tickets here. You can find our very own Roadie All-Night IPA on the taps as well.
- Throughout Independent Venue Week, Signature Brew favourite The Sebright Arms have gigs every single night. On Monday 23rd you can check out The Goddess League, an all female open mic night, and on Thursday 26th M Magazine will be presenting a secret headliner! You can also check out support band Manuela (vocalist and songwriter Manuela Gernedel and ex-Franz Ferdinand guitarist Nick McCarthy) plus there will be a DJ set from Moonbow - all whilst grabbing a pint of Roadie!
- As you may of heard back in November Sadiq Khan appointed Night Czar - Amy Lamé to try and invigorate London's night life. The Social in Central London will be hosting these esteemed guests, and of course plenty of our beers to hand on Monday 23rd.
- On the Tuesday 24th, Huw Stephen will be hosting a special night at The Social for a IVW, and SXSW Showcase with Little Cub, CPT Smith and Fufanu taking up the bill. You can get tickets here. And, of course Signature Brew will be on the bar.
- On Wednesday 25th The Skints will be performing their first show of Independent Venue Week down at The Hope & Ruin in Brighton. Tickets for the gig literally sold out instantly! If you didn't manage to get your hands on one you can still join us in the bar where we will be taking over the taps with a wide range of Signature Brew beers. This will be our first time visiting The Hope & Ruin so we're really looking forward to this one!
- We will also be hosting a tasting of new beer Nice Time at Bison Beer bottle shop earlier in the day, so feel free to pop down to the shop from 4pm!
- If you're in London on 25th and you just happen to be a Modern Baseball fan then you can catch a live acoustic set from them at Hackney Downs Studios as part of Big Scary Monsters' 16th birthday popup space. Entry is free, not one to be missed!
- The Kenneths will be headlining at The New Cross Inn on Wednesday 25th with support from Treacherous Dogs, The Luka State and The Royals. New Cross Inn will be hosting events throughout the whole of Independent Venue Week, you can check out the full listing here.
- Aces & Eights in Tufnell Park will also be playing host to IVW performances on Tuesday 24th and Wednesday 25th. Head to their events page to check out their listings and if you're looking for a pint of Roadie, they will have it on keg all week!
- The Skints will be playing their second sold out show of the week at The Fighting Cocks in Kingston on Thursday 26th January. Nice Time will be stocked up in the fridges too!
- Beach Slang will also be playing an acoustic set for Big Scary Monsters' 16th birthday pop up shop in Hackney on Thursday. There will be vinyl, merch and Signature Brew beers in the shop.
- On Friday 27th January The Skints will be heading to The Joiners for their final show for Independent Venue Week where those lucky folks who managed to get a ticket can sample our new beer Nice Time. If you weren't able to get a ticket you can still come and hang out with us at the bar for the beer launch!
- On Saturday 28th January Radio-X will be presenting X-Posure All-Dayer at Omeara, London with Spring King, Idles and Scarlet Rascal. You can still get your tickets here. We will be around doing a tasting for those of you who make it down.
- Strongroom Bar & Kitchen have reopened it's doors after a refurb and on Sunday 29th January Lost Map Records will be hosting an all-day slow jam special! There will be a secret brew of musicians, DJs and a Meet The Brewer tasting special with yours truly! Doors open at 1pm, get your tickets here.
- Big Scary Monsters' pop up space will be carrying on into the following week with cocktail bars, bands and screen-printing events. The awesome Gnarwolves will be performing at the closing party on Saturday 4th February and the best part? It's all free!
Independent Venue Week will be hosting gigs all over the UK next week. Check out the full listings here, head to as many events as possible and keep supporting the music industry, independent music venues and the people working hard to keep the UK music scene alive.