To celebrate the release of Millencolin's new album SOS, we asked our friend, collaborator and fellow brewer, Millencolin frontman and Mikrofonbryggeriet brewery founder Nikola Sarcevic, to give us his tips for unmissable beers from the band's homeland.
We previously brewed a collaboration with the band, by the name of Polar – a delicious, 7% ABV white IPA – and it goes without saying that, as a brewery inspired by music, we recommend trying the following with a soundtrack of the Millencolin's new record.
Perhaps you could even pair the track Sour Days with the sour beer in Nikola's list? Check out his picks below and scroll down to hear the new album:
- Apex - Singel Hop IPA- Hoppy New England style IPA from my old friends and one of Swedens best IPA breweries.
- Morgondagens - Hockeypulver- This is Circus Beer, Candy Weisse or Simply a Berliner Weisse packed with various red berries and Swedish Licorice.
- Brekeriet -Lusse Lelle- A sour take on the popular Swedish saffron bun we all enjoy around Christmas time. Amazing!
- O/O Brewing - Äkta Pils- Superb Pilsner from Gothenburg based O/O Brewing Co.
- Wizard - Puppethead- Berliner Weisse stuffed with Black Currant & Raspberry from the new brewery Wizard Brewing, put together by me Slik Nik and the people from Morgondagens Bryggeri. The future.