Having recently moved to our state-of-the-art brewery in Walthamstow’s Blackhorse Road, East London, we’re seeking a Brewer to join our dedicated and innovative production team. This new role will see the successful applicant jump straight into every aspect of production at the brewery and come with the opportunity to work amongst high end craft brewing technology on a daily basis as well as the chance to hone their own recipes on our sophisticated pilot kit.
At Signature Brew we’re passionate about two things, beer and music. This opportunity arises at an exciting time for the brewery as we start to see the benefits of last year's expansion, with boundary pushing beers being launched frequently and the consistency of our award-winning core range greater than ever before. As we start to see our favourite venues and festivals return we’re going to be there to take our music inspired beers on the road, sharing our passion and creating great experiences at the same time.
Your key responsibilities as a Brewer:
Managing the brewing process including milling, water system management and CIP’s of all brewhouse equipment. Monitoring and ensuring the smooth running of the brewhouse and cold side production to deliver beer on schedule and within specification to the packaging department.
Cellaring operations include:
- Monitoring of fermentation temperatures, gravities & cell counts
- CIP of vessels
- Beer filtering through centrifuge, carbonating and transfer
- Dry hopping with hop cannon
- Yeast management
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring production records are maintained correctly
- Ensuring all production and storage areas are well maintained and cleaned to the highest hygienic standards
- Participating in regular QC sessions
- Representing Signature Brew at events and festivals
- Following standard operating procedures to the satisfaction of the Head Brewer
- Assisting the Packaging Manager where required in the packaging hall
- Maintaining a high level of Health and Safety at all times
- Work alongside senior brew team on recipe development
- Operate 1BBL pilot kit as part of recipe development
The ideal candidate should have:
- A brewing qualification and/or several years brewing experience, preferably on automated/semi-automated equipment
- Knowledge of industry compliance standards
- A passion for craft beer and music
Closing date - 19th June 2020. Start date - late August.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org